Agenda coming soon…
If you would like to be a speaker at this event, please contact sean.collins@iQ-Hub.com, subject heading “Call for Presentation FSC 2018”.
- Economic Landscape & Market Review
- Demand Specifications & Proppant Application
- Environmental & Policy Focus
- Cost Reduction & Operational Efficiency
- Logistics & Transportation Solutions
- Trucking & Last Mile Transportation
- Looking at the amount of total proppant used by the industry, by state, by year, by type and operators
- Illustrating the average amount of proppant used per well over recent years and making projections
- Production impact that larger wells using more proppant results in more production and trends ahead
- What effect has the shift toward “in-basin” sales, the growing use of finer mesh sizes, and massive production overcapacity had on the sand industry?
- Hub-and-Spoke supply chain versus Point-to-Point distribution
- What kind of consolidation, re-adjustment and or re-alignment are we likely to see as the industry recovers?
- Proppant types - what is needed and what works?
- Evaluating the economic choices verses technical performance
- Considerations in proppant choices in order to achieve the best production
- Proven proppant control agent (PCA) which is easy to apply on-the-fly during the fracturing treatment and on any type and size of proppant.
- Proppant flowback control is based on a physical bonding in contrast to chemical bonding
- Non-toxic and highly effective at loading as low as 7.5 (L/Tonne or 1 gal/1000 Lbs)
- No limitations on bottom hole temperatures and/or closure stress and no activators are required
Trican Well Service
- Understanding how regulations differ for the same grain of sand as it progresses from mine to wellbore
- Looking at the differences between current standards and what's upcoming for the supply chain
- Evaluating the various means for compliance from business processes to current technology available
Compliance Cavalry Company
- Compliance issues that must be addressed across the supply chain
- Meeting PEL vs. Action Level – the cost impact of each scenario towards maximizing value
- Comparison of engineered dust control approaches and cost implications
- Looking at new sand sieves and ensuring performance issues are resolved
- Finer, dustier, and more difficult to handle materials are providing high-performance results
- Understanding how new silica sand properties affect the performance of material handling systems
Robert Ober & Associates, LLC
- In 2016, Winona County, Minnesota became the first county in the nation to enact a ban on frac sand mining
- Growing opposition has made winning the public relations battle surrounding these facilities a top issue
- Understanding the current and future regulatory challenges facing frac sand producers in producing key states
- The Heartland Institute reports on industrial sand mining to win the public relations battle
The Heartland Institute
- Focus on the improvements in frac sand transportation and storage
- How big data is being utilized to make better decisions
- Cost-effective methods that impact the frac sand industry
- Using total control solutions to track your product from mine to wellsite
- How automation is changing the game by reducing cost and increasing efficiency
TMT Solutions, Inc
- Where can barge be served and what flexibility does it offer?
- How to significantly reduce transportation costs by including barge into your logistics plan
- Learn how to gain economies of scale when moving larger quantities of frac sand
FMT Dry Cargo
- The historical development of rail car supply
- Comparison of features against various commodities
- Logistical patterns in rail and possible impacts on lift capacity
National Steel Car
- Eliminate need for dust collection, bag houses, and costly conveyors
- Eliminate transitions that create dust issues and improve overall dust control
- Cost effective solution and reduce potential maintenance issues
ASI Industrial Inc
- Deliver frac sands in standard intermodal containers or Rail containers without transloading the commodity
- Discharge of the frac sands from the container into the well’s receiving equipment without specialized tilting equipment
- Making use of the shipping containers as storage units until the commodity is required
- Last mile transportation and transportation developments
- Managing environmental controls and dust collection for the last mile
Industrial Project Solutions, Inc
- Introducing a flexible and customized solution
- Revolutionizing proppant delivery and discharge
- Reduction in transportation costs and demurrage
- Safety first - A reduction in silicosis
- Positive displacement blower, compressor and engine protection - A new innovative technology to get you back to work
- Learn to develop a cost reduction strategy by sizing up your fleet and implementing CENTRI® Filter Canister solutions
- Working smarter than before - not harder, by utilizing preventative maintenance strategies
DRM Diversafab Corp
Key topics for 2018:
- Frac sand market supply and demand forecasts
Understand the key market drivers and supply forecasts with an update on volumes and specifications of frac sand required in key North American plays.
- New rail loading, offloading and transloading developments
Optimise on the latest developments in transloading facilities and identify new offloading points to maximise efficiencies and profit margins across the supply chain.
- Rail infrastructure, storage points, and capacity
Examine optimal locations and capacity of rail infrastructure and storage facilities across North America to provide efficient proppant supplies. When is it economical to store frac sand?
- Reducing transportation costs and pricing dynamics
Learn how to minimize overall transportation costs and find work-around solutions to price differentials. How are others in the industry managing price volatilities?
- Trucking and last-mile transportation strategies
Evaluate the available options of trucking frac sand directly to wellsite and overcome last-mile logistical challenges with cost reduction in mind.
- Multiple end user case studies and specification requirements
Hear end users discuss their proppant quality requirements and implement strategies that others in the industry are using to manage constraints.